If you are new to Salina, new to the faith, or simply looking for a home church we invite you to connect with First Southern Baptist Church in Salina. If you plan to visit please let us know by clicking here! Below you will find more information about our church.
Purpose: To Know Christ and to Make Him Known.
5 Reasons to Visit First Southern Baptist Church
- Fellowship– Come, connect, and make new lifelong friends and enjoy great fellowship.
- Worship– Come worship the greatness and majesty of God. It might just change your life!
- Children and Youth Ministries– We have an amazing group of volunteers who lead our dynamic children and youth ministries. We have ministries geared for every age group. We have Sunday School classes, Awana Ministry, Children’s Worship Service, Youth Group, preschool, and grade school choirs. We strongly affirm the value of the family and believe one of the best ways to help the family is to offer Christ-centered teaching and fun for their children.
- Grace– We love you as you are! You do not need to clean up your act to be accepted by God or by us.
- Ministry– We have a heart for ministry and a desire to see Salina grow in Christ. Come and find a place that not only talks about faith but lives it out through impacting our community and region.
5 Steps to Connect with us at First Southern Baptist Church
1. Worship With Us – We worship every Sunday at 10:30 am. We incorporate a blended style of worship.
2. Connect with a small group. Check out our small group page here.
3. Connect with the pastor Greg Savage
a. Email him: email@example.com
b. Follow him on Twitter @ghsavage
c. Ask him a question @ Ask the Pastor
d. Meet the pastor before and/or after our worship services. He is always hanging out in the gathering area.
e. When you visit our church, text him at: (620)682-2529.
4. Attend a Newcomer’s Class – At least twice a year, we offer a Newcomer’s Class.
5. Fellowship with us– Check out the calendar. We are always looking for ways to fellowship together.
5 Things to expect on your first visit to First Southern Baptist Church
1. To be Greeted – You will be greeted the first moment you walk into our church. We hope to make you feel welcome and comfortable with us.
2. To be Welcomed – Come as you are. We do not have a dress code. You will see people dressed in suits and dresses or jeans and shorts. We believe God is much more concerned with our hearts.
3. To Worship – Our greatest joy is to worship God. In our worship service, you may sing an “old” hymn or a new praise and worship chorus. You will hear the Word of God read and hear people pray. The Bible will be the center of everything we do.
4. To Hear Biblical Preaching – Our Worship service is centered around preaching God’s Word. Every Sunday you will hear a relevant and biblical sermon. You can hear past sermons here.
5. To be Punctual – Our worship service will begin at 10:30 am. Most Sundays our worship services will be done well before noon. We realize your time is very valuable and want to be good stewards of your time.
4 Values of First Southern Baptist Church
1. Gather– We value gathering as a body. We continually gather on Sunday mornings to worship God. We also gather in small groups and fellowship. (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:25)
2. Going– We gather so we can scatter. We believe God has given us the mandate to go into the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We begin in Salina and take it to the ends of the earth. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
3. Growing– We want to see our church body grow both deeper and wider. We want to see our church increase in number because we realize every person the Lord adds to our church is another person spending eternity with God. We also want to see our people grow in depth. We want to see our people transformed more and more into the image of Christ. (Acts 2:41-47).
4. Giving– We want our people to give their time, treasures, and talents to God. (2 Corinthians 9:6-14)